Saturday, February 25, 2012

Four nights at the Fillmore

Two months ago at The Fillmore in San Francisco were four anniversary concerts of the 30th anniversary of Metallica. Everyone who turns in the world of Metallica know that these concerts are a dream come true for any Metallica fan. This time the problem was not the price of tickets, which amounted to $ 19.81 for four tickets to all four nights (price of tickets referred to the year of foundation of the band) but lucky in the lottery. I had no luck and the only thing left to do is follow me celebrate the 30th anniversary of relations between the band's official website and through dozens of videos on You Tube thrown by the lucky fans who were in Fillmore.

Four tickets from four nights at the Fillmore

In the situation when I myself could not be at the concerts, the priority for me was to get used tickets to all four nights. Tickets for each night had the same design but different in color and were definitely hard to get. I was secretly hoping that one of the friendly members of TMCC who frequently come to the Fillmore (orange shirts rule) will help me get tickets and I was right. With the help of four people (Mike, Christian, Terrence and Terry - thank you very much) I am a happy owner of a set of tickets from the Fillmore, including one signed by the first bassist - Ron MacGovney.

Ron MacGovney signing my ticket ...pic by Twerry (thanks dude)

Looking for tickets at the right angle you can see on them printed lyrics of Metallica songs. On each ticket are other songs lyrics but I did not notice the relationship between the set list and a ticket of the day.
Dear Mother, Dear Father.....

Immediately after the concerts you could quite easily buy tickets on eBay, which makes me a little bit surprised because I thought that only “real fans” were at these historic shows and no one will want to sell their tickets. I was wrong. Initially, their prices were at $ 60-70 for a single ticket and about $ 180-200 per set. Over time, prices have dropped and you could buy single tickets at $ 30-40. Now, three months after the shows we do not find the tickets already on sale

2 comments:

  1. Nice post and I was glad to help you with one of the tickets man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. many thanks again for this ticket.

      Delete