Sunday, December 28, 2014

Monsters of Rock 1987

In late summer of 1987 Metallica played in Germany two concerts during the European Monsters of Rock Tour. These were two big concerts in Nürnberg (29 August) and Pforzheim (30 August). Tickets from both concerts I have in my collection for a long time. Both tickets have a very similar design and beyond the basic information about the show were different background color. The ticket from Nürnberg had bright green background and a ticket from Pforzheim bright pink. For a long time it was the only type of tickets from these concerts that appeared on the Internet. Earlier this year, I found a ticket from Pforzheim, who had a background in dark pink. It was something new but not yet sparked my interest. A few days ago I was able to buy a ticket from Nürnberg, who has a background in dark green. Both the two tickets from Pforzheim and from Nürnberg have the same information and differ only in the shade of the background color. I suspect that this may involve standing and seated tickets but none of the information on the ticket does not provide this. It is interesting that the two tickets with a darker shade of color have a low three-digit serial numbers. From my experience I know that tickets with low serial numbers (from the beginning of the series) were tickets given to promoter, bands quests etc. If anyone has any information about these tickets please send me message.
Full set (so far) from Monsters of Rock Tour 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment