Monday, December 16, 2013

In the pursuit of Metallica

Today’s post is not directly about Metallica tickets but don’t worry ….tickets will also be. I have great pleasure to inform You, that yesterday was the premiere of Piotr and Kasia Kowieski book  “In the pursuit of Metallica” (original title “W pogoni za Metallicą”).

 In the pursuit of Metallica

It’s groundbreaking book on the market because for the first time we can see the band with eyes of the fan not the journalist. I must immediately add, that Piotr and Kasia are not ordinary fans ….they are a Metallica maniacs!!!. This is not another boring book describing history of the band having its own beginning  in the garage in El Cerrito. This is collection of stories about how Piotr and Kasia follow in the footsteps of Metallica around the world – to the present day both have behind the belt 64 concerts on 6 continents. Both they belong to this small group of fans for which borders do not exist and surely many of You saw them on some concerts ....as a rule in front row. Is extremely probable that you will find yourselves on one of photos which are placed in the book (I found many members of TMCC on the photos). Then photos. There are hundreds of them in the book. Not only from concerts or meetings with band members but also from places they visited, t-shirts, posters, tickets, guitar picks …and Metallica clothes – simply tour stuff.

Record Store Day
 
El Arsenal Completo
 
The book does the very good impression. You do not get 50 page booklet on shitty paper but 450 pages in full color and hard cover. I am pleased with this book twice. Firstly, this is fantastic book for Metallica fan and secondly I am glad that I had my little contribution to the book. At the request of Piotr lent from my collection a few tickets of concerts in which the author was but did not have them. It is also an opportunity for me to big thank Piotr and Kasia for the fact that being on the following Metallica concert they always remember about my passion and enrich my collection with new tickets. Thank You very much.

 
.....;)
 

PS. The book is in Polish, but if anyone would like to get copy please contact me and I will try to help You get Your copy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment