Sunday, July 1, 2012

Horsens round my neck


I really don’t understand why Metallica not played St. Anger song in Horsens. This was a unique chance because place for that was almost perfect. If you recall where the band recorded the video for this song (San Quentin State Prison), it becomes obvious that state prison in Danish town Horsens where happened the concert in the day 6 June was an ideal place to play St. Anger. Scenery concert with the walls and prison building in the background were awesome.
St Anger round my neck...

I need a voice to let myself, to let myself go FREE

Venue map - page from concert program
For the second time on this tour I had the pleasure to be in snakepit. In comparison to the concert in Warsaw, the sound was worse but contact with the fans was much better. Practically all the time one of the band members was in snakepit. James, Kirk and Robert actually provoked by the fans to touch the guitar strings or even pants .... and I must say that touching a guitar when Kirk play’s solo is a pretty nice experience.
so close
For me  as the collector additionally important were also connected attractions like tickets, wristbands, posters, flyers etc. Tickets from this concert were very similar to these were which during five Metallica concerts in Copenhagen in 2009. So as on earlier concerts on this tour in stock were limited (to 200 copies) promotional posters (of course bought) and special limited to 250 copies posters commemorating the concert in Horsens. In my opinion this poster was a lot uglier than TBA poster and I did not buy it.

Horsens ticket

Snakepit wristbands

Limited to 200 copies TBA Horsens poster




For me the most cool thing if depends on memorabilia connected with Horsens is the classical concert-poster. In spite the quick rally across Horsens I did not see even one copy but thanks to the help of one of Danish friends from TMCC and few CD’s I am a happy owner of one of these beautiful posters.
Very cool concert poster from Horsens ...fastest sold out concert on TBA anniversary tour





No comments:

Post a Comment