Saturday, August 30, 2014

Prague in heavy rain

After two years without Metallica live show I hit the road again ...for a mini tour ... OK, very, very mini tour, because only two concerts. The concert in Prague was the first of them. This was to be my second Metallica concert in Prague. The first time I was here in 2008, but then the concert held at the stadium. This year, the concert took place at the fairgrounds.

Old fairgrounds

concert poster

This day was to be unique. First, I had a Snakepit wristband, second....have to write it - the first time I was more waiting for support than headliner. It's about Kvelertak, Norwegian band that I discovered this year and that blew me. I really wanted to see their show from snakepit. I was not disappointed, and although not much understand of what they sing (sing in Norwegian), the fact is the energy emanating from the stage could be shared among a few bands.
 
Kvelertakkkkkk
 
 
pure energy
 
After the Norwegians played Children of Bodom. During their show I decided to walk around the festival area and see merchandise stands. Next band Alice in Chains gave a very nice, although a little static concert.

some Metallica merch

At this point I must add that during Alice In Chains show started to rain. The closer to the Metallica concert, the more rain. A little worried that because of the rain band will walk around snakepit or spend the entire show on stage. During the third song James walked in the pouring rain to the furthest microphone and wet already said "it's just water." It breathes energy in people, in a band ... in me. It was a magical moment and a magical evening in heavy rain.
 
magical night ....due to heavy rain
 
 

Musically, the biggest plus for me was playing St. Anger, which won as a "vote of the day" ... performed far from we can hear on album, but this song is now very rarely played live by band. Unforgiven II lost in the voting and a chance to play this song live by the band departed on time. Pros - amazing despite the rain or perhaps because of the atmosphere at the concert, three guitar picks, met a lot of friends. Cons - I could not get a poster of the concert, which really counted and no shirt Kvelertak, which I forgot to buy after the show.

ticket from Prague concert
 
some goodies from show
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment