Sunday, October 26, 2014

New shit in my collection #8


Time for new tickets from last weeks. Presented chronologically, from oldest to newest.

The first one is from the 1989 in Noblesville, Indiana. Graphically nothing great but I consistently completes all the tickets from 1989, one of my favorite periods of Metallica.

 
Another ticket from 1989 in Roanoke, Virginia. Full ticket, but the color faded a little. I don’t know why some sources (eg Metlist) give the date of the concert August 9, 1989 - day later than the date on the ticket shown above. Someone knows something about this?
 
 
In very good condition ticket from Oklahoma City from Live Shit Tour in 1994. Some of US tickets are two-color and one color means the shape of the state where is concert. In this case, Oklahoma State. Interesting. I'm sure I've seen other states shape on tickets. Should I write about it in future.
 
 

The ticket from Woodstock festival in 1994. Do you remember how Metallica concert started? Announcer - We are sorry, but Metallica will not be making tonight ...... then James from backstage - Fuck You ... ..Breadfannnn. From this concert comes my favorite version of Seek and Destroy. Almost 11 minute jam with part that is reminiscent of what we hear two years later in the song The Oulaw Torn. Listen to yourselves.
 
Fuck You ....Breadfannnnnn
 
Seek and Destroy video

Another ticket from Portugal from one of my favorite series tickets - European Poor Touring Me Tour96.
 
 
Another two tickets come from 2009 - from Stockholm. While the first concert was held on March 7 as planned, the second day was canceled due to poisoning by James oysters. The concert was moved and held on 4 May of the same year.
 
 
 
 Oyster Show
 
In the end I managed to be the lucky owner of a second ticket with the first Metallica visit in China. Thus, both tickets from China are in my collection.
 
 

Last ticket today is quite exotic. It comes from the concert, which was held in 2013 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Tickets from this part of the world are hard to find and even more so in such good condition as this one.
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment